- 1 pound thin fresh asparagus
- 4 eggs
- One-fourth freshly grated pecorino or Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- If you use the very, very thin baby asparagus you don’t have to cook them before you add them to the omelet. Simply wash them; there is no need to cut them. In a bowl, beat the eggs well, and mix in the asparagus and cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil in a skillet or omelet pan, and pour in the egg mixture. As soon as the bottom is solidified and browned, turn the frittata over, and cook the second side to golden brown.
- Enjoy the meal, enjoy the wine, and enjoy life!