- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ditalini or small elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons bleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 pound smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Put the water, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the oil in a large, heavy saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water. Set aside.
- In a small, heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the white pepper and continue whisking until the sauce is smooth and thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 8 minutes. Remove the white sauce from the heat and stir in the cheese. Continue stirring until the cheese melts.
- Lightly grease a 6 1/2 X 10-inch casserole dish with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon butter. Combine the cheese sauce and macaroni in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Pour into the prepared casserole and bake until lightly golden on top, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Mr. Johnís Veal Chops With Smoked Gouda Cheese Macaroni
Baked Macaroni With Calamari Tomato Sauce
Petits Filets With Blue Cheese Glacage
Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Goat Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce
Pork Sausage and Cheese Omelette
Ham And Cheese Bites
Spinach And Cheese Quiche
Warm Pimiento Cheese-stuffed Tomatoes