- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon solid vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly oil a pie tin.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and drop into the pie tin. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve right from the oven.