- 1 (4/5-quart) bottle of bourbon or brandy
- 3 quarts half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Simple syrup (recipe follows)
- Grated nutmeg
- Combine the bourbon, half-and-half, and vanilla in a one-gallon container. Add the simple syrup to attain desired sweetness. Chill well in the refrigerator. Serve in chilled glasses (not over ice) and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Simple syrup:
- · 1 cup water
- · 1 cup sugar
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Boil until the sugar dissolves and liquid becomes slightly thick. Cool completely before using.