- Spinach Pasta:
- 1 pound spinach, blanched, squeezed dry and roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Lasagna filling and topping:
- 4 cups Meat Sauce
- 2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups medium-thick BËchamel Sauce, heated
- Make pasta: In work bowl of a food processor combine spinach, eggs and olive oil and pulse 5 times. Add salt and flour and process until a smooth, tight dough is formed. Turn out onto lightly floured work surface and knead briefly into a tight ball. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and set aside to rest for at least 30 minutes. Cut dough into 6 to 8 pieces, and feed through a pasta-roller into long, thin sheets. Set aside to dry, or cook immediately in a large pot of boiling, salted water, a few sheets at a time. Boil pasta briefly until just cooked through, drain with a slotted spoon and plunge into a bowl of ice water to cool. Repeat until all pasta is cooked.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To assemble lasagna: In a greased 8x10-inch baking pan layer pasta, top with meat sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with another layer of pasta, spread with bÈchamel sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan. Repeat 2 times more, until all filling and topping ingredients are used, ending with a layer of cheese. Cover with foil bake for 1 hour.