- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 2 tablespoons melted
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, roughly chopped
- 6 ounces hot sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 stale croissants, torn into 1/2-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
- 2 cups grated Fontina or Gouda
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 3-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, stirring, until soft and lightly caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, melt the remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add the Canadian bacon and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Add the sausage to the skillet and cook, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk, cream, salt, Essence, and pepper and whisk to combine. Add the croissants and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the sausage, bacon, onions, Fontina cheese, stir together, and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Pour into the prepared dish and bake until almost completely set, 35 to 45 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if it's browning too much.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, and melted butter. Uncover the pudding and evenly cover with the bread crumb mixture. Return to the oven, increase the heat to 375 degrees F and bake until completely set in the center and golden brown on top, about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nana's Noddle Pudding
Orange Mango Pudding
Kicked Up Chocolate Tapioca Pudding
Savory Spinach And Artichoke Bread Pudding
Citrus And Tea-glazed Duck With Savory Wild Mushroom Pudding
Savory Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding
Yellowedge Grouper With Savory Sweet Corn Pudding, Oyster Mushroom Vinaigrette And Petite Greens
Emeril's Savory Pain Perdu
Creole Breakfast Bread Pudding