- 1 cup ricotta cheese, well drained
- zest of 1 blood orange
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice
- 12 thin slices rustic whole wheat bread, toasted
- 12 ounces smoked duck breast, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fig jam or Fig Preserves
- 1/2 cup baby greens such as watercress or arugula
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a small mixing bowl, combine the ricotta with the zest of the blood orange, 1 tablespoon olive oil and ground cardamom. Set aside.
In a small saucepan reduce the juice to 2 tablespoons, it should be thick and syrupy. Set aside to cool.
To make the toasts, spread 1 tablespoon of ricotta on each toast. Dollop 1 teaspoon of fig jam on top of the ricotta. Layer several slices of the duck breast over the cheese and jam. Garnish each slice of toast with the baby greens, drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the blood orange syrup over the top.
Smoked Salmon Tartare On Toast Points
Duck Breast with Honeyed Figs and a Sparkling Rose Sauce
Duck Confit with Beluga Lentil Salad
Duck Breast with Roasted Apricots and Pistachio Cream Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese Toast
Spinach and Feta Tarts
Rhubarb and Goat Cheese Tart
Duck And Pumpkin Risotto With Toasted Pumpkin Seeds And Duck Cracklings
Toasted Hazelnut and Dried Cranberry Salad with Bibb Lettuce and Gorgonzola