- 1/2 cup chopped red or yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe plum tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped, or one 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse about 12 times. The mixture should be slightly chunky. Transfer the salsa to a bowl, cover, and set aside until ready to use. Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days.