- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green cabbage
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large non-reactive bowl, combine the cabbage, peppers, and onions.
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, honey, celery seed, mustard seed, and red pepper flakes, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over the vegetables and stir to combine. Season with the salt and black pepper.
- Let cool, then cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for at least 12 hours and up to 2 days.