- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a cookie sheet.
- First, add the butter and sugars into a mixing bowl and cream with mixer. Add the eggs and mix well. With a large spoon mix in the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and the oatmeal, mix well.
- Add the water, raisins, and vanilla. Flour a workspace and with a rolling pin or your hands make a "snake" with the dough and cut it into several pieces or in a pretzel shape. Place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes (depending on how thick you snakes are). Let them sit and cool on the stove.
- Serve on a plate and a glass of milk; garnish with something that you can BAM! with.