- 1/2 pound very thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma
- 4 cups arugula, washed, patted dry and stemmed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces large button mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced very thinly
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, very thinly sliced
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes (about 3/4 pound), cored, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/4 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely shaved
- 8 fresh thin bread sticks
- Arrange the prosciutto slices decoratively around the edges of 4 salad plates.
- In a bowl, toss the arugula with 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon of the vinegar, and salt and pepper, to taste. Place the arugula in the center of the 4 plates.
- In the same bowl, toss the mushrooms and artichoke hearts in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 teaspoons of vinegar, and salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the mushrooms and artichoke hearts over the arugula. Top with the diced tomatoes and shaved cheese, and serve with 2 breadsticks on each plate.