- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillet pieces, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon Emerilís Original Essence 
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Orange-Ginger Sauce 
- 1/4 cup toasted black and white sesame seeds, garnish
- Steamed long-grain white rice, accompaniment
- Place the wasabi in a small bowl. Slowly add in the water, whisking, to make a paste. Add the vinegar and soy, and whisk well. Place the salmon fillets in a glass baking dish and coat evenly on both sides with the wasabi mixture. Season lightly with the Essence.
- Place the panko crumbs in a shallow dish. Turn both sides of the fillets in the crumbs to coat evenly, pressing to make the crumbs adhere. Set on a waxed paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until medium-rare, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending upon the thickness of the fish. Divide among 4 serving plates, drizzle with the Orange-Ginger Sauce, and dust with the seeds. Serve immediately with steamed rice, and pass the remaining sauce at the table.