- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillet pieces, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon Emerilís Original Essence
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Orange-Ginger Sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted black and white sesame seeds, garnish
- Steamed long-grain white rice, accompaniment
- Place the wasabi in a small bowl. Slowly add in the water, whisking, to make a paste. Add the vinegar and soy, and whisk well. Place the salmon fillets in a glass baking dish and coat evenly on both sides with the wasabi mixture. Season lightly with the Essence.
- Place the panko crumbs in a shallow dish. Turn both sides of the fillets in the crumbs to coat evenly, pressing to make the crumbs adhere. Set on a waxed paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until medium-rare, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending upon the thickness of the fish. Divide among 4 serving plates, drizzle with the Orange-Ginger Sauce, and dust with the seeds. Serve immediately with steamed rice, and pass the remaining sauce at the table.
Orange Ginger Sauce
Pepper-crusted Tuna Salad With Sesame Vinaigrette And Fresh Wasabi Leaves
Roasted Ginger Salmon With Ginger Soy Butter Sauce
"oat Cuisine" Horseradish Crusted Salmon Trout With Whole Grain Mustard Cream Sauce
Crispy Wasabi Potato Crusted Tuna
Salmon With Orange Butter Sauce
Poached Arctic Char With Fiddlehead Ferns And Chanterelles
Lobster, Leek And Corn Risotto With Mussels, Oysters And Dulse
Garlic Escargot With Goat Cheese, Fennel And Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Duck, Andouille, And Scallion Pancakes With Ginger Orange Sauce