- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard or other whole-grain, spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 celery root, about 1 to 1 1/4 pounds, peeled and cut into thin matchstick slices
- 1 fennel root, about 3/4 pound, trimmed and tough outer core removed, cut into thin slices, and fronds reserved
- 1 pound boiled baby shrimp
- In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, green onions, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, salt and paprika. In a bowl, combine the celery root and fennel root, and add sauce to coat.
- Place the shrimp in a separate bowl and toss with the remaining remoulade.
- Divide the celery root and fennel among 6 plates. Top each serving with shrimp and serve, garnished with reserved fennel fronds.