- Two and two-thirds cups (7 ounces) flaked coconut
- One-half cup sweetened condensed milk
- Two-thirds cup confectioners' sugar
- One-fourth cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- One-fourth teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut, milk, sugar, almonds, butter, and vanilla. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and form into balls about the size of a pecan. Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a bowl set over simmering water or in a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Using two toothpicks, dip each ball into the chocolate, covering them evenly. Place them on the prepared sheet. Using a fork, drizzle the tops of each ball with any remaining chocolate. Refrigerate until set.