- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (about 2 peppers) peeled, seeded, and chopped roasted poblano peppers
- 1/2 cup (1 small onion) peeled and chopped Fire-roasted onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Emerilís Southwest Seasoning 
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups Basic Chicken Stock 
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Combine the oil, poblanos, onion, garlic, Southwest Seasoning, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan over high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the stock, bring to a boil, and cook over high heat for 18 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the cream and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and purÈe in a food processor or blender. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. Reheat in a saucepan over lowest heat.