- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl beat the eggs until frothy. Whisk in the cream, milk, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and beat until thoroughly blended. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla.
- Combine the rice with the raisins and add them to the custard mixture. Blend thoroughly and pour into a 5-cup casserole. Bake until the pudding is set, for about 40 minutes. Don’t overbake or the pudding will be dry
- Serve warm or at temperature. To serve, spoon the pudding into stem goblets and top with sweetened whipped cream.