- 1 tablespoon dried savory
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup pitted niÁoise olives
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 whole sea bass (about 2 pounds), cleaned and scaled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the dried herbs and mix well. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the olives, garlic, capers, anchovies, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Rub the fish with plain olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the olive oil mixture evenly over the fish and in the cavity, then press the herb mixture evenly all over the fish. Place the fish on a baking sheet and bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the fish from the oven and serve hot.