- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds or regular sesame seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons crushed macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh or reconstituted dried seaweed, coarsely chopped
- 2 red jalapeÒo peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Maui or other sweet onions like Vidalia or Walla Walla
- 2 pounds sashimi-grade ahi fillet, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 head radicchio (9 to 10 ounces), washed and julienned
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the sesame oil with the next six ingredients and whisk well. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the nuts, seaweed, jalapenos, and onions. Add the ahi and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the salad dressing with the ahi mixture. Toss the radicchio with the remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil.
- To serve, arrange the radicchio in the center of a serving platter. Mound the salad in the center and garnish with the chives.