- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds or regular sesame seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons crushed macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh or reconstituted dried seaweed, coarsely chopped
- 2 red jalapeÒo peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Maui or other sweet onions like Vidalia or Walla Walla
- 2 pounds sashimi-grade ahi fillet, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 head radicchio (9 to 10 ounces), washed and julienned
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the sesame oil with the next six ingredients and whisk well. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the nuts, seaweed, jalapenos, and onions. Add the ahi and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the salad dressing with the ahi mixture. Toss the radicchio with the remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil.
- To serve, arrange the radicchio in the center of a serving platter. Mound the salad in the center and garnish with the chives.
Pepper-crusted Tuna Salad With Sesame Vinaigrette And Fresh Wasabi Leaves
Smoked Buffalo With Melted Fennel, Leeks, And Hearts Of Palm Salad With Florida Orange Vinaigrette
Skillet Seared Skirt Steak, Red Onions And Shishito Peppers With Arugula Salad In Honeybell Orange Vinaigrette
Spanish Mackerel With A Spinach And Chickpea Salad And Tomato Vinaigrette
Pear, Endive, and Arugula Salad with Stilton and Pear Vinaigrette
Beet and Feta Salad with Honey-Herb Vinaigrette and Pistachios
Salad of New Potatoes and Roasted Walnuts with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Goat Cheese And Leek Cake With Lentil Salad
Tempura Soft Shells With Oriental Salad And Citrus Gastrique
Exotic Mushroom Flan With Warm Spinach Salad