All six episodes of season one will premiere exclusively for Prime members in the U.S.
In addition to streaming or downloading thousands of titles on Prime Video, Amazon Prime members enjoy fast, free shipping, unlimited access to more than a million songs with Prime Music, unlimited secure photo storage with Prime Photos, and more—customers can enjoy a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime today
June 16, 2016
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ:AMZN)—Amazon today announced Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse, an Amazon Original Series, will premiere on Prime Video on September 2 in the U.S. The series follows the ever-popular Emeril Lagasse (Emeril Live, Top Chef) and some of the world’s most celebrated chefs—Mario Batali (The Chew), José Andrés (Made in Spain), Nancy Silverton (Hell’s Kitchen), Marcus Samuelsson (Chopped), Aarón Sánchez (Chopped) and Danny Bowien—as they each join Emeril to embark on a global culinary journey to their favorite destinations. The six-episode season will premiere exclusively for Prime members via the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at Amazon.com/originals. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
“Eat the World is more than just a travel or cooking show, it’s a heartwarming look at Emeril and his relationship with his friends, as he learns about new foods and cultures,” said Conrad Riggs, Head of Unscripted, Amazon Studios. “Prime members will get an inside look at incredible destinations and unbelievable cuisine with one of the world’s most respected chefs.”
Each 30-minute episode of Eat the World takes viewers on a new adventure to a different country with Lagasse and one of his master chef friends. Throughout these exciting trips, Prime members will get to share these once-in-a-lifetime experiences along with their two intrepid guides. This season Emeril visits:
- China with Mario Batali—Emeril and his longtime friend Batali, the founder of restaurants including Babbo and Eataly, start off their journey with ravioli in New York City, and then head to China in search of the best soup dumpling in Shanghai
- Spain with José Andrés—Emeril arrives in his good friend and modernist chef Andrés’ hometown, Oviedo, to explore the roots of Modernist cuisine. Together they visit Ferran Adrià’s never before filmed and famed ElBulli Lab in Barcelona, in which Adrià is decoding the secrets of food.
- Italy with Nancy Silverton—Silverton, founder of LA’s Pizzeria Mozza and La Brea Bakery, brings Emeril to her second home to seek out what she thinks is the world’s best pizza, courtesy of Franco Pepe
- Sweden with Marcus Samuelsson—Samuelsson, who at 24 became the youngest chef ever to receive a three-star restaurant review from The New York Times, brings Emeril to Sweden to experience New Nordic Cuisine, which incorporates new flavors into traditional Swedish food
- Cuba with Aarón Sánchez—Emeril and Sánchez, Chef-Partner of Johnny Sánchez restaurants and co-star of the Food Network series Chopped, head to Cuba to meet with leaders of the modern Cuban culinary world at the moment the country is on the brink of epicurean and economic change
- South Korea with Danny Bowien—Bowien, winner of the James Beard Award in 2013, has credited Emeril as a de facto mentor for years, and relishes the opportunity to travel with him to Korea to meet Jeong Kwan, a Zen Buddhist nun who’s been called “the Philosopher Chef” by The New York Times
Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse is produced and created by Ugly Brother Studios (House of Food, Startup U, Life or Debt), and executive produced by Tim and Mike Duffy, Emeril Lagasse and four-time Emmy winner Bill Pruitt (The Amazing Race, Deadliest Catch).
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV episodes, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, kids series Tumble Leaf, and Chi-Raq, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
- Add-on Subscriptions: Dozens of subscriptions to networks like SHOWTIME, STARZ and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items across all categories, more than one million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals all year long, free secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos, access to borrow books with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visitwww.amazon.com/about.