- 6 cups water, or enough to cover the onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 medium to large onions, peeled and hollowed out, leaving a 1/2-inch shell, onion pulp reserved (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 recipe Roasted Garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Rustic Rub
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Combine the water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, cayenne, and bay leaves in a large saucepan. Add the onions and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the onions are slightly tender. Drain.
- Combine then garlic, onion pulp, and parsley in a food processor and puree. With the motor running, pour the olive oil through the feed tube in a steady stream. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the black pepper and pulse a couple of times to mix well.
- Place the onions in a shallow baking dish. Divide the garlic mixture evenly and spoon some into the center of each onion.
- Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, vegetable oil, and rub in a small mixing bowl. Spoon the mixture evenly on top of each onion. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the tops of the onions are lightly brown.
- Serve hot.
Jerusalem Artichokes And Potatoes Au Gratin
Potato Salad With Roasted Garlic Dressing
Panfried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Round Steak And Onions
Eggplant And Rice Dressing
Smothered Green Beans And Potatoes
Smothered Okra And Tomatoes
Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Beef Boulettes With Garlic