- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco, or other hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon drained and chopped cornichons
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, smashed
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound chilled cooked lobster meat from two 1 1/2 pound lobsters, chopped
- 4 soft buns or Parker House Rolls
- Melted butter for brushing, about 4 tablespoons, optional
In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise with the horseradish, Tabasco, lemon juice, ketchup, Dijon, cornichons, capers, boiled egg, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently fold the lobster meat with enough remoulade to moisten.
For toasted bread, brush both halves of the buns with the melted butter. Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium high heat and in batches, add the buns, buttered side down, to the pan. Toast them in the pan until they are lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and repeat with the remaining buns. Alternatively you can do this in the oven if using Parker House Rolls. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, brush the inside and outside of the rolls with butter and toast in the oven until warmed through.
Fill the rolls with the chilled dressed lobster and serve immediately.