- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Emeril’s Original Essence or Creole Seasoning 
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespooons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, white and green parts
- 1/3 cup minced celery
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Crackers or French bread toasts, for servings
Combine the shrimp, Emeril’s Original Essence , and olive oil in a mixing bowl.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the seasoned shrimp and cook until lightly golden and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate or shallow container and place in the refrigerator or freezer to chill (5 to 10 minutes).
While the shrimp are chilling, combine all the remaining ingredients (except the crackers) in a mixing bowl. Stir until smooth and creamy.
When the shrimp have chilled, remove them from the freezer and coarsely chop them. Add them to the cream cheese mixture and stir well to combine. Taste, and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve as is or chilled, with your favorite crackers.