- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Two 15-ounce cans black beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat a medium size sauce pan over medium heat, when hot add the olive oil, red and green onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until the onions are tender. Add the black beans, chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin and coriander and cook until the black beans are heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.