CLAMS AND BROTH
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 dozen clams, rinsed well
- 1 cup hefeweizen-style beer
- 2 cups fish stock
- 8 ounces European-style unsalted butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into rounds
- 4 tablespoons fresh picked parsley leaves
GRILLED BREAD WITH LIME AIOLI
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 egg
- 2 cups grapeseed oil, plus more as needed
- 4 thick slices bread
For the clams and broth:Saute the shallots and garlic in the olive oil in a large pan with the clams. Pour in the beer to deglaze the pan and add the fish stock. Cook over medium-high heat until all of the clams are open. Stir in the butter and creme fraiche. Season with salt and finish by folding in the orange wheels and parsley leaves.
For the bread and aioli:Combine the vinegar, mustard, lime juice and egg in a blender. Blend well until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the oil. Continue adding the oil until the mixture reaches an aioli-like consistency. Season with salt. Lightly coat the bread with oil and sprinkle with salt. Toast or grill, and then smear with the aioli. Serve with the clams.
Notes:This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Recipe courtesy Chef Paula Dasilva, 1500 Degrees Restaurant, Miami, Florida