- 2 cups cake flower
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 and 1/3 cups white flour
- 8 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 cups milk, scalded in microwave (about 11 min)
- 8 squares baking chocolate, melted
- 8 pats butter, melted in the microwave
- 2 boxes confectionary sugar
- 1 cup of water
For the Yellow Cake:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in one bowl. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time; then add vanilla and mix completely. Slowly add in flour mixture alternately with the milk and stir until batter is smooth.
- Grease two 9 inch pans and evenly split the batter between them. (You can also make 10 to 12 individual cakes in large muffin pans).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
For the Filling:Combine the sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla in a medium heat safe bowl. Place the bowl over a double boiler and add the scalded milk, stirring continuously until mixture is thick enough to hold peaks.
For the Chocolate Frosting:Mix chocolate and butter together in a bowl. Gradually add confectionery sugar water. Beat continuously until shiny.
To assemble:Place one layer of cake on a platter. Spread the top with cream filling and place second layer on top. Frost the cake with chocolate frosting.
Notes:This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Recipe Courtesy of Celebration Town Tavern/Kissimmee, Florida