- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup chopped lightly toasted walnuts or pecans
- Cream cheese, at room temperature, for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 325°F, and grease two 8×4×2 1/2-inch loaf pans.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs until foamy. Add the vegetable oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla extract and mix well. Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder, and mix until well blended. Stir in the nuts. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared loaf pans, and tap them gently on the counter to release any air bubbles.
Bake until the loaves have risen and are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Allow the bread to cool in the pans for 5 minutes; then turn the loaves out onto wire racks to cool.
Serve the bread warm, sliced and spread with cream cheese if desired.
Note: This bread is also great at room temperature or toasted, and it freezes well.