- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 ounces yellow or Vidalia Onion, diced small
- 4 ears of corn – shucked and shaved from cob
- 1 ounce Jalapeño pepper, diced small
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup seafood stock,
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Salt to taste
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 2 ounces finely shaved country ham or finely chopped prosciutto
- Heat a medium skillet over medium - high heat. When hot, add the oil, onion, corn, jalapeno, cumin, paprika, and white pepper and cook until the vegetables are soft. Add the seafood stock and simmer briefly, then transfer to a blender. While adding the heavy cream and buttermilk in a slow, steady stream, puree until smooth. Season with salt to taste, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- When ready to serve, ladle into small bowls or cups and garnish with the crabmeat and shaved country ham.