- 1 Savory Pie Crust, as follows
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 ounces Maytag blue cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mixed herbs, such as parsley, thyme, tarragon, chives, and/or oregano
- SAVORY PIE CRUST 
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crust dough to 1/8-inch thickness to fit an 8-inch fluted tart pan. Fill the pan with the dough, easing the dough into the bottom and lightly pressing it against the sides. Trim off the excess dough.
Line the pastry shell with parchment paper, and fill it with ceramic pie weights or dried beans. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet, and bake for 9 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set the tart pan on a wire rack to cool. Remove the parchment paper and the weights.
Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, blue cheese, and butter. Whisk in the eggs until well blended. Stir in the cream, milk, salt, pepper, and herbs. Pour the filling into the partially baked pie shell. Return the tart pan to the baking sheet and bake, rotating the quiche halfway through, until it is puffed and golden brown, 25 minutes. The quiche is done when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove the tart pan from the baking sheet and set it on a wire rack to cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.