- 1 1/2 pounds cleaned squid (about 3 pounds whole), tentacles separated from bodies, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Cut squid bodies along sides to open flat. With a thin, sharp knife, lightly score insides, being careful not to cut all the way through.
In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Preheat grill to high heat.
Grill squid, turning occasionally, until opaque, slightly golden, and just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove squid to cutting board and slice into strips. Slice tentacles if desired.
Lightly drizzle with additional extra virgin olive oil as desired, sprinkle with and parsley, and serve with the lemon wedges on the side.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Taste of Spain