- 1 pound linguine, or spaghettini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 2 pound Little Neck or cockle clams, scrubbed and purged in water
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus more for serving
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook until al dente, 8 to 9 minutes. Drain pasta in a colander, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to the pot and toss with cooking liquid. Cover and set aside.
In a large, heavy saute pan or medium pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, oregano, salt, and red pepper , and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add wine and clam juice and cook for 1 minute. Add clams, cover pot, and, shaking occasionally, cook until clams open, about 5 minutes. Discard any unopened clams. Add cooked pasta to pan and toss to coat. Season with additional salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper, if desired. Add parsley, drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat. Divide among serving bowls. Serve immediately.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Feast of Seven Fishes