- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, from a 17.3-ounce package
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 large egg
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature covered by a clean kitchen cloth, about 30 minutes. While pastry is thawing, combine cheese, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and cayenne in a small mixing bowl. Stir well to combine. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg with a fork. On a lightly floured surface, gently unfold pastry.
- Sprinkle pastry lightly with flour and, using a rolling pin, roll into a 14-by-10-inch rectangle. Brush top of with a beaten egg. Cut in half lengthwise to form two 7-by-10-inch) rectangles. Spread herb-cheese mixture with the back of a spoon evenly across 1 rectangle. Lay second rectangle across coated piece, egg side down. With rolling pin, lightly roll sheets together to seal. With a large knife, cut crosswise into strips, about 1/3 inch wide each. (Alternately, you can use a pizza wheel to cut the strips.) One at a time, grab the ends of each strip and twist in opposite directions to form a spiral. Transfer to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets until cool enough to handle. Serve either warm or at room temperature.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Cocktails for Entertaining