- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups mixed nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, and almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix spices and reserve.
- Heat nuts in a dry skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until nuts begin to toast, about 4 minutes. Add butter and cook, stirring, until nuts begin to darken, about 1 minute. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon water, and salt and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens and nuts are glazed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, separating nuts with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes. Let rest until cooled and the sugar has hardened, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note: Nuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Cocktails for Entertaining