- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small nonreactive bowl, whisk together vinegar, shallot, salt, pepper, and mustard. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. While continually whisking, add oil in a thin, steady stream until completely incorporated and dressing is emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Cook's Note: Drizzle on a simple lettuce salad such as mixed spring greens.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Frugal French