- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Add lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and Dijon mustard to a blender. Blend on high to puree, turning off midway and scraping down sides as necessary. Continue pureeing, adding oil in a slow, steady stream through opening of lid until completely smooth and emulsified.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Heart-Healthy Meals