- 1 pound squid, tentacles and bodies only
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Savoy or napa cabbage, cut into 3/4-inch squares
- 2 dried red chile peppers, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
Cut squid bodies into 1/4-inch rings.
In a large mixing bowl, combine squid with vinegar, Sriracha, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, ginger, brown sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and salt.
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add squid and quickly stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add cabbage, chile peppers, scallions, jalapeno, garlic, and Chinese five spice and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat just until the cabbage begins to slightly wilt, about 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Which Pan is for What?