- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled, cut into 3-inch lengths and halved lengthwise (thicker ones quartered)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
Add carrots, butter, salt, and pepper to a 2-quart or larger pot. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir, cover pot, and reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. Remove lid, stir again, and if a lot of water remains, increase heat to medium-high and continue to cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and carrots are tender and sweet, 8 to 10 minutes longer. Add te parsley and mint, and gently stir to combine.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Emeril's Restaurant Classics