- 8 quail, cleaned and boned by your butcher (leaving only the leg bones in)
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles 
- 4 teaspoons Emeril’s Original Essence or Creole seasoning 
- 1 1/3 cups Port Wine Sauce 
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
Brush each quail with 1 teaspoon of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon inside the bird and 1/2 teaspoon over the skin. Sprinkle each quail with 1/2 teaspoon Creole Seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon inside and 1/4 teaspoon out.
Stuff each quail with 1/4 cup of the duxelles and wrap the skin around the stuffing to cover. Make an incision in the bony end of one leg of each bird and insert the other leg through the incision to keep the legs crossed and to make a beautiful presentation. Place the quails about an inch apart on the baking sheet and season with the Essence. Roast until they are golden brown and crisp-skinned, about 20 minutes. Remove them from the oven.
To serve, arrange 2 quail on each of 4 dinner plates, and top with 1/3 cup of the Port Wine Sauce.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Emeril's Restaurant Classics