- 4 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 4 tablespoons ground cocoa nibs
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground Chinese 5-Spice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, preferably Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- Vegetable oil
- Citrus and Plum Salad, for serving 
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Combine all of the spices in a bowl.
Preheat the grill to medium high.
Brush each side of the steak with oil and then rub the steak with the spice mixture. Let the steak rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Place the steak on the grill, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Rotate the steak 45 degrees and cook for another 3 minutes. Turn the steak over and cook for 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 to 7 minutes before slicing. Serve the steak thinly sliced across the grain, with the Citrus and Plum Salad, garnished with mint leaves.