- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- Place the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse to combine. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While the machine is running, slowly drizzle in the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and continue to process by pulsing until the dough just comes together to form a ball (you may not need to use all of the water, or you may need a bit more).
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and shape it into a flat disk. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour or up to overnight. (The dough can be frozen for up to a month; thaw it in the refrigerator before using.)