- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 oz chicken livers, rinsed, drained and cut into 24 pieces
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (4 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and cut into 24 pieces
- Skewers or toothpicks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry, ginger and garlic. Add the chicken livers and toss to coat. Let marinate refrigerated for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place the bacon flat on a work surface. Remove the livers from the marinade and pat dry. Place 1 chicken liver piece on each bacon half and top with a water chestnut slice. Roll up to enclose the livers and chestnuts in the bacon. Secure with a toothpick or long skewer.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Pan-fry until bacon is golden brown and the livers are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Place the rumaki on a serving platter. Serve immediately.
- Source: The Emeril Lagasse Show: Episode 4 - Blast from the Past 
- Dish Type: Appetizer 
- Occasion: Any