- 1 cup water
- 2 cups honey
- ½ vanilla bean, split, seeds removed, and pod reserved
- ½ cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 10 cloves
- Pinch allspice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) 90-plus proof alcohol, such as Everclear or Bacardi 151
- Combine all ingredients except for the alcohol in a pot over high heat. Remove pot from the stove and add alcohol. Return pot to the stove and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let mixture sit in a cool, dry place, covered, overnight. Strain the liquid through 6 layers of cheesecloth and funnel into desired bottles.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from light for 3 weeks to 30 days.
- Source: The Emeril Lagasse Show: Episode 1 - Emeril's Housewarming Party 
- Dish Type: Beverage/Alcoholic