- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package plain couscous
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herb of your choice, such as mint, parsley, cilantro, or basil
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt to a boil.
- When the water begins to boil, remove the pan from the heat, stir in the couscous, and cover the saucepan. Allow the couscous to stand for 5 minutes, without lifting the lid.
- Pour the couscous into a large mixing bowl and toss lightly with a fork to break up any lumps.
- Drizzle the couscous with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, tossing to coat well.
- Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, cinnamon, and herb of your choice. Gently toss to combine, using a fork to stir in the seasonings.