- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into
- bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon Emerilís Original Essence
- 3 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (5-inch) piece lemongrass, cut in half lengthwise and crushed with edge of knife (see Tip)
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup quartered button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the chicken in a small mixing bowl and season with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season the shrimp in a separate small mixing bowl with Essence and set aside.
- Combine the chicken broth, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, and lemongrass in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the diced, seasoned chicken, coconut milk, mushrooms, and crushed red pepper. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the seasoned shrimp, snow peas, and lime juice. Simmer an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through and the chicken is cooked through.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove from the heat and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Remove and discard the lemongrass before serving the soup.