- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onions
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 6 ounces ham, cubed (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions (green tops only), plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup cubed mixed cheese (Swiss, Cheddar, Monterey jack, Munster)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the broiler and place the top rack 4 to 5 inches from the broiler element.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper until the eggs are frothy. Set aside.
- In a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and green and red bell peppers and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the ham and stir well. Add the green onions, garlic, parsley, remaining 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- With the pan over medium heat, pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and ham, and evenly place the cubed cheeses across the surface. Cook, lifting with a rubber spatula to let the eggs flow underneath, until the edges are set but the middle still is loose, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the Parmesan over the top. Place under the broiler until the eggs are slightly puffed and the cheese is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully to prevent from overcooking.
- Remove from the oven and carefully slide the frittata out onto a large serving platter. Garnish with additional parsley and chopped green onions, slice, and serve immediately.