- 4 cups peeled and diced white potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 head Roasted Garlic 
- 2 cups thoroughly washed, stemmed, and roughly torn spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Combine the potatoes and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover the potatoes with water and cook until fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Return the potatoes to the pan and, over low heat, stir them with a fork or wire whisk for about 1 minute to dehydrate them. Add the cream, butter, garlic, and spinach. Stir to mix well. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the white pepper. Mix well. Serve immediately.