- 1 (9 to 10-pound) bone-in smoked ham
- 20 cloves
- 1 cup Steen's cane syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lower oven shelf to the bottom level.
- Using a sharp knife, cut several slits into the ham. Stick the cloves in the slits. Place in a roasting pan with a rack, and put into the oven. Bake for 2 hours and tent with aluminum foil if the outside gets too browned during the cook time.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze: Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside. Periodically throughout the baking, baste ham with the glaze, using a pastry brush.