- 3/4 pound fresh fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups peeled, seeded, and diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound large gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup shrimp stock
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccini and cook until al dente, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and toss pasta with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, cover, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, and cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the diced tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes have released most of their liquid, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and sear on 1 side for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn shrimp and add the wine and the stock to the pan. Continue cooking until the shrimp are cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the cooked fettuccine, and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Toss the pasta to heat through, about 1 minute and remove from the heat. Drizzle with the truffle oil, add the 1 tablespoon parsley and toss to coat.
- Divide pasta evenly among 4 pasta bowls and garnish with grated cheese and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.