- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup brown granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup strawberry preserve
- 3/4 cup vanilla wafers
- Whole strawberries
- Apple slices
- Pear slices
- Chocolate shavings
- Place softened cream cheese in a mixer with a paddle attachment and cream on low until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the sour cream, orange juice, and zest and mix until smooth and well blended. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula and stir in the sugar until combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into the bottom of a square, glass 9-inch pie plate (or an 8 by 8-inch baking dish). Dollop the strawberry preserves over the cream cheese mixture and spread out evenly. (Try not to mix the strawberry preserves into the cream cheese mixture.)
- Place vanilla wafers into a large, zip-top plastic bag and seal well. Using a rolling pin, crush the cookies in the bag. Sprinkle the crushed cookies evenly over the strawberry preserves. Top with strawberries, apples, pears, then sprinkle with more crushed wafers and chocolate shavings. Serve immediately.